Id like to see this race i think it will be very competitive but unless there are any new standout runners i got my money on Rudy or Jose , Casini Fontal and Wade are also very good runners and are probably gonna be fighting for runner up.
Graph Type: Pie (Change to Bar)
Out of 52 votes
- I forgot to mention Terrel Oliver he has a really good shot at winning the 800 as well
I wouldn't sleep on it... right now its open to whoever wants it more... and the downstate teams, whoever it may be, plan to take it!
- @coolmanjosh I agree with you 100% can count out the downstate teams !
- Terrel Oliver is first in the state and is yet to get a vote
- t.oliver probably has no votes because he is from a downstate school... the only reason josh does is cause he voted for hiself i think
- @coolmanjosh im guessing your Josh Johnson. Its going to be a good race but i think Junior Rudoplh Braxton will win if Hodgson doesnt run their 4x800 at states
- @StatInfo lol... you are right.. yes it pretty obvious its me cause i have my name in the username.. but who cares:) so yeah... i heard throught the grapevine that rudy doesn't practice hard... so how can he win unless he's just naturally got talent? and if that was the case, tyler tate would have had competition last year!
- @coolmanjosh i meant to say he tyler tate would have had competition with rudy becasue he would have been naturally good at the 800 and had a chance to win. but i just heard about rudy this year...
- @coolmanjosh States is still a while away and it is wide open. I think whoever has the freshest legs will win. Its going to be a kickers race
- its ya boy..but yo I think Maurice Reyes is going to win the 800m this year. He splits 2:06 but he has yet to been push to his limit
- It will be Darrell truit from howard tech he just posted a 2:05 in the 800 beat his last years personal record by 9 secs and he will only get faster
- @fastreyes33 I looked your times up and I saw 2:16 in the 800 and 59 in the 400. But while i was on your teams page I looked up Rudy & Brians's 800 times. I have to say your coach must be very expirenced and get very little credit in Delaware. I find it incredible that Brian Elliott went from a 2:26 800m runner his Sophomore year indoors to a 2:05 runner the following year. They can probably do the same for year since they seem to be able to mold good 400-800 runners so keep working hard and ask questions, but do not say your going to win states with less then desirable open times.
- @coolmanjosh how long have you run the 800 for Milford?
- B.ELLIOT is gonna take gold easy !
You are absolutely right. Terrill is first in the state and he has more than a good chance of winning. You have to realize that most people discount anyone from CR because we are down state and they don't get to see what the times are for the team. There are a few people on the team who are going to suprise folks this year.
- Based on what sallies just ran in ny in the 4x8, I'd have to go with someone from that team!
- It seems like Delaware loves the 800. BIG meet this weekend and alot of the New Castle County teams will be their. From the votes Joe Casini ,Brian Elliott and Ken Fontal are the people to watch. Lets not forget Tatnall because it seems like they are waiting for this meet.And Terrell Oliver finally received a vote
- well for all you people who have been posting, what i am about to say is true in all directions. and yes, im saying this even though everyone knows who i am! The only reason upstate runners have been getting such fast times are because they have run, or are running on banked tracks! i bet a 70 year old woman can go out there and run just as fast as me on a banked track.. ya'll need to man up and race on the downstate tracks like we have been doing, and see don't ya'll times rise to 2:09's and such... if terrell, taiwan, me, brian, or rudy don't win it, its cause we all broke our legs the day before. Get real ya'll!!!
- @StatInfo this is my second year... i fell in love with it last year
- Good race yesterday to everyone. Ken Fontal looks like he will be the runner to beat this year for New Castle County. Brian Elliott had an impressive gutsy race. Alex Giacco and Sam Parsons ran good races but its hard to know if they will be running at States
- Also watch out for Robert Alt
- All of the contenders still didn't run in the 8 yesterday, Joe Casini and Andrew Wade weren't running.
- Yeah i agree none of the actual contenders ran besides Fontal, and Elliott and i wasnt too impressed so i cant wait to see the actual race. Rumor has it Alex Giacco will be making an appearance in the 800 at states so that should be interesting as well.
- Fontal and Elliot both beat Giacco this weekend though. I'm not counting him out but I can imagine he'll be in other races too and won't be fresh for the 800.