Article Comment: FACA Official XC Pre-State Rankings #7
11/06/2013 8:47:01 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Always hard to see teams sitting home in a fast region when they would be top 3 in all the other ones!!!
Always hard to see teams sitting home in a fast region when they would be top 3 in all the other ones!!!
11/06/2013 8:55:15 AM
Coach
Quote of the day: How could Estero lose..."If their alarms don't go off at the hotel." LOL that is awesome! The 2nd best quote: Chiles Boys..."They get to sleep in their own beds."
Quote of the day: How could Estero lose..."If their alarms don't go off at the hotel." LOL that is awesome! The 2nd best quote: Chiles Boys..."They get to sleep in their own beds."
11/06/2013 11:01:01 AM
User
4A team race absolutely has the potential to be a 5 team race depending on the health of STA, and the fact that Sunset and Reef are only 5 deep as contenders. That said, though any one of STA, REEF, Sunset, TC, and Colonial may win, its hard for me to see Timber Creek as the "clear favorite" when they are most likely 4th best when everyone runs to their potential. Also, I would be shocked if Marquez is not top 2. He's proven his caliber at Pre-State, is the most rested of all the best runners in the state, is a big meet performer, super consistent and I've never seen him do anything stupid. The only way I can seem him finishing third is if the top 3 all finish within about 2-3 seconds of each other, and even then I'm doubtful 2 guys out-kick him.
4A team race absolutely has the potential to be a 5 team race depending on the health of STA, and the fact that Sunset and Reef are only 5 deep as contenders. That said, though any one of STA, REEF, Sunset, TC, and Colonial may win, its hard for me to see Timber Creek as the "clear favorite" when they are most likely 4th best when everyone runs to their potential. Also, I would be shocked if Marquez is not top 2. He's proven his caliber at Pre-State, is the most rested of all the best runners in the state, is a big meet performer, super consistent and I've never seen him do anything stupid. The only way I can seem him finishing third is if the top 3 all finish within about 2-3 seconds of each other, and even then I'm doubtful 2 guys out-kick him.
11/06/2013 11:28:42 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
If Coral Reef or Sunset can pull off a win, they will be the first Miami-Dade Public School to win the state title in 50 years. That's a long time for the most populous county in the state!
If Coral Reef or Sunset can pull off a win, they will be the first Miami-Dade Public School to win the state title in 50 years. That's a long time for the most populous county in the state!
11/06/2013 11:41:42 AM
Power User
@Will Miami-Dade County Public Schools has an extremely weak history in Florida at the State level. Oddly enough, both a boys (two of them) and girls team have a shot at the podium this season. [b]M-DCPS Podium boys teams:[/b] 1947 State Runner-up: Miami High (first XC season in Florida, 2 mile race) 1963 State Champions: Miami Coral Park (2 mile race) 1964 State Runner-up: Miami Coral Park (2 mile race) 1965 State Runner-up: Miami Coral Park (2 mile race) 2007 State Runner-up: John A. Ferguson (5k race) [b]M-DCPS Podium girls teams:[/b] 1991 State Runner-up: Miami Norland (2 mile race) 2011 State Runner-up: John A. Ferguson (5k race)
@Will Miami-Dade County Public Schools has an extremely weak history in Florida at the State level. Oddly enough, both a boys (two of them) and girls team have a shot at the podium this season.

M-DCPS Podium boys teams:
1947 State Runner-up: Miami High (first XC season in Florida, 2 mile race)
1963 State Champions: Miami Coral Park (2 mile race)
1964 State Runner-up: Miami Coral Park (2 mile race)
1965 State Runner-up: Miami Coral Park (2 mile race)
2007 State Runner-up: John A. Ferguson (5k race)

M-DCPS Podium girls teams:
1991 State Runner-up: Miami Norland (2 mile race)
2011 State Runner-up: John A. Ferguson (5k race)
11/06/2013 12:30:10 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Ryan Bring the state meet to larry and penny thomson and there may be a clean sweep in most classes :)
Ryan

Bring the state meet to larry and penny thomson and there may be a clean sweep in most classes :)
11/06/2013 1:29:43 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
What is even more amazing is that team from Miami Coral Park in 1963 were all underclassmen as it was the first year the school opened. If the school didn't move from A to AA the next year, I am sure they would have had 3 in a row. Those guys probably celebrate like the 72 dolphins every year knowing they are the only ones. If history is going to be made Saturday it is fitting that the Coral Park Boys got a chance to be on the line.
What is even more amazing is that team from Miami Coral Park in 1963 were all underclassmen as it was the first year the school opened. If the school didn't move from A to AA the next year, I am sure they would have had 3 in a row.

Those guys probably celebrate like the 72 dolphins every year knowing they are the only ones.

If history is going to be made Saturday it is fitting that the Coral Park Boys got a chance to be on the line.
11/06/2013 1:50:54 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Poso in 2011 the Columbus boys were 2nd to Colonial..
Poso in 2011 the Columbus boys were 2nd to Colonial..
11/06/2013 1:55:03 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Typo should be girls that he was talking about in that second group.
Typo should be girls that he was talking about in that second group.
11/06/2013 3:04:56 PM
Coach
@Coach_Fleitas Keyword was "public"
@Coach_Fleitas Keyword was "public"
11/06/2013 3:50:47 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@KBrnnr keyword he wrote boys not "girls".... thats why i made that statement... I didn't realize he was stating "girls"...
@KBrnnr keyword he wrote boys not "girls".... thats why i made that statement... I didn't realize he was stating "girls"...
11/06/2013 4:20:30 PM
Coach
@Coach_Fleitas I thought M-DCPS stood for Miami-Dade County Public Schools.
@Coach_Fleitas I thought M-DCPS stood for Miami-Dade County Public Schools.
11/06/2013 6:57:36 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
I love that in the girls 3A race that 9 of the top 21 girls are from the Lee / Collier area. Is that a testament to coaching or up bringing.
I love that in the girls 3A race that 9 of the top 21 girls are from the Lee / Collier area. Is that a testament to coaching or up bringing.
11/06/2013 7:40:57 PM
Power User
@Coach_Fleitas My mistake. I wrote boys twice. I fixed it. @KBrnnr You're right, I was referring to the public sector. The private schools in Miami have been dominant for a long time.
@Coach_Fleitas My mistake. I wrote boys twice. I fixed it.

@KBrnnr You're right, I was referring to the public sector. The private schools in Miami have been dominant for a long time.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.